Academic and Policy body mebmerships and contirbutions:
Some Recent Publications
Books and Monographs
Recent Research Papers
In edited books/volumes
White Gold" for Whom? A study of Institutional Aspects of Work andWages in Cotton GPNs in India, in E Noronha and P D'Cruz (eds.):Critical Perspectives on Work and employment in Globalising India, Chapter 2, pp. 15-36. 2017, Springer, Singapore.
Institutional Innovations in Paddy Rice Production and Marketing in India: Experience and Strategies Samarendu Mohanthy et al (eds.):The Future Rice Strategy for India, 335-357, Elsevier, London, 2017.
Understanding the role and implications of FDI in Agri-food markets from a value chain perspective: case of Multi-brand retail trade (MBRT) FDI in India in Dinesh Marothia et al (eds.):Re-visiting agricultural policies in the light of Smallholder Organisation through Farmer (Producer) Companies for Modern Markets: Experiences of Sri Lanka and India, inJos Bijman, Roldan Muradian and Jur Schuurman, (eds.):Cooperatives, Economic Democratization and Rural Development,75-100,Chapter 4, Edward Elgar,2016.
.Has the MSP promise been delivered?, The Tribune, Chandigarh, July 07, 2018.
2. Seeds of a new policy, The Tribune, Chandigarh, June 25, 2018, In Focus, p. 9.
3. Contract farming Act an inadequate model, The Tribune, Chandigarh, May 24, 2018,op ed. P. 9.
4. Agri startups in Punjab need fiscal boost, The Tribune, March 27, 2018, opinion page, Chandigarh.
5. Perishable Produce Agri market reforms- policy and issues, Geography and You, 102, 2017, New Delhi.
6. "Crop insurance or deficiency payments, Mint, IIMA view, Ahmedabad, Dec. 21, 2015.
7. "In the name of the farmer, Mint, IIMA View, Ahmedabad, August 10, 2015.
8. "Missing the woods for the trees" in the series on HT Debate on the State of the Punjab
Economy, The Hindustan Times, Chandigarh, Feb, 3, 2015, p.2.
9."Reforming markets, lessons from Bihar, The Tribune, Chandigarh, Feb. 6, 2015, Op ed.
Agriculture page 9.
10."APMCs: the other side of the story, The Hindu Business line, Feb. 9, 2015.
11."Diversification policy: old wine in old bottles", The Tribune, Chandigarh Op-Ed
Agriculture, May 21, 2013, p. 9.
12."Regulating contract farming- Punjab Way, The Tribune, Op Ed Agriculture, Chandigarh,
July 8, 2013.
13."Much Ado about Walmart, The Hindu Business Line, Opinion Page, October 16, 2013.
14. "Agrifranchising works, The Hindu Business line, Nov. 1, 2013.
Making FDI in Retail Inclusive, The Tribune, Chandigarh, OpenEd Business P. 9, July 25, 2012.
Papers presented recently
and Rural Development', at Punjabi University, Patiala organised by CDEIS, and Planning Commission Chair, Punjabi University Patiala and CDS, Thiruvananthapuram during July 28-29, 2015.
Training Programs Organised
1. Rural Marketing at IIMA for 5 days in 2014 and 2015 (designed and co-co-ordinated; rated better than ISB program).
2. Managing Contract Farming, at IIMA (5 days) in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015 (designed and coordinated; The first and the only program in India on the topic).
3. Marketing of Agril. Inputs, at IIMA (7 days) in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014Managing Contract Farming, at IIMA during Feb. 1-5, 2010; Jan2011 and Jan-Feb, 2013.
4.WTO and Indian Agribusiness: Opportunities and Challenges, September 29-October 1, 2003.
5.New Vistas in Agribusiness Development, June 9-11, 2003.
6.WTO and Indian Agribusiness: Opportunities and Challenges, February 12-14, 2003.
7.Workshop on WTO and the Indian Dairy Sector: Opportunities and Challenges for Co-operatives, June 15-16, 2001.
|Year||Awards & Honors|