Prof. Vishal Gupta, Organisational Behaviour Area
Research Interests: Compensation Management, Leadership, Justice, Creativity and Innovation Management, R&D management, Organisation Theory.
Teaching Interests: Organization Design, Leadership, Psychometrics, Structural Equation Modeling, Multilevel Modeling, Human Resource Management.
Please visit my webpage.
1. Linkages between Pay-for-Performance, Organizational Fairness, Employee Attitudes and Performance (January, 2018-December, 2018). The project is being done in joint collaboration with Aston Business School, UK and is being sponsored by British Academy. (Grant Amount: 10,000 Pounds).
2. Innovation in Manufacturing SMEs in India (February, 2016 onwards - December, 2017). The project is sponsored by the Tilburg University, Netherlands. (Grant Amount: 28,000 Euros)
3. Study of Performance Appraisal Process at SICOM (with Prof. Biju Varkkey, IIM Ahmedabad) (July, 2015 – March, 2017).
4. Uttar Pradesh State Road Transportation Corporation (UPSRTC): Need for Fresh Water (Winter 2010-2011, Lucknow, India).
Conducted trainings in Executive Education Programs on the following topics:
1. Leadership Development and Emotional Intelligence - Ambuja Group
2. Self-Awareness, Emotional Intelligence and Supportive Communication – Emerson
3. HR Facilitator Skills - L&T Mumbai
4. Leadership and Emotional Maturity – Open enrollment program on ‘Leadership and Change Management'
5. Self-Awareness and Understanding Leadership – Pepsi
6. Leadership and Strategic Performance Management – Open enrollment program on ‘Strategic Leadership for Public Enterprises'
7. Leadership and Working in Teams - Tata Teleservices, Torrent Pharma
8. Leadership and Organizational Dynamics – Open enrollment program on ‘Transforming Small and Medium Enterprises'
9. Leadership, Team building, Self-Awareness, Change and Innovation Management, Organizational Dynamics - Novartis
1. Invited to conduct a 2-day workshop on ‘Research Writing' at Shree Institute of Technical Education, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh from April 22-23, 2016.
2. Invited to conduct a 3-day workshop on ‘Psychometrics and Structural Equation Modeling' at Siddaganaga Institute of Technology, Tumkur, Karnataka from January 28-30, 2016.
3. Conducted a 3-day workshop on ‘Structural Equation Modeling' at SJMSOM, IIT Bombay in June 2015 and 2016.
|Year||Awards & Honors|
|2017||Independent Director on the Board of Gujarat Gas Limited, India's Largest City Gas Distribution Company|
|2016||National Academy of Sciences India (NASI) – Scopus Young Scientist Award in Social Sciences|
|2015, 2016, 2017||Member of Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) Gujarat State HR/IR Panel|
Emerging Psychologist Award by the Indian National Academy of Psychology (NAOP)
|2013||Outstanding Doctoral Research Award by Emerald in the Leadership & Organization Development Category|
|2013||India's 25 Young HR Leaders in 2013 by People Matters, a HR magazine|
|2012||Best Paper Award at 12th International IHRM Conference|
|2010||Best Paper Award at 20th Annual Conference of NAOP|
|2001||Science Award by the Uttar Pradesh State Government for scoring 100% marks in Mathematics in the Intermediate Board Examination|
|1999||'CSIR Program on Youth for Leadership in Science' (CPYLS) Award|