Strategic Management, International Strategy, Methods of Inquiry, Doing business in Emerging Economies
Capabilities, R&D-performance relationship, Clusters, Institutions, Internationalization, Emerging Markets
Methods: Regression analysis, Meta-analysis, Panel-VAR, Case-study
- Karna, A, Richter, A., Riesenkampff E. "Revisiting the role of the environment in the capabilities–financial performance relationship: A meta-analysis", in Strategic Management Journal (forthcoming)
- Karthik, D., Upadhyayula, R.S., Karna, A. "Why do Firms Locate across Multiple Clusters? Cluster Density, Capabilities and Ethnic Ties", in Industry and Innovation (forthcoming)
- Dixit, M.R., Sharma, S., Karna, A. 2014. "Strategic Breakthroughs as Flagpoles of Innovation", in International Journal of Business Innovation and Research (forthcoming)
- Karna, A. Upadhyayula, R.S., Kumar, V. 2014. "Strategic Archetypes of Emerging Market Multinationals: Analysis of Outward FDI of Indian Firms", in Orchestration of the Global Network Organization (Advances in International Management, Volume 27) (Pedersen, T., Venzin, M., Devinney, T.M. & Tihanyi L., eds), Vol 27, 325-347
- Karna, A., Taeube, F.A., Sonderreger, P. 2013. "Evolution of Innovation Networks across Geographical and Organizational Boundaries: A study of R&D subsidiaries in the Bangalore IT cluster", European Management Review, Vol. 10, No. 4, 211–226; doi: 10.1111/emre.12017
- Karna, A., Upadhyayula, R.S., Karthik, D. 2013. "What drives Emerging Multinationals? Early stage internationalisation and Performance drivers of Indian IT firms", Proceedings of The world conference on "Emerging Issues in Management"
- Fraunhoffer, R., Karna A., Taeube, F.A. 2012. "The Service Offshoring Code: Location efficiencies for German Firms", in Pedersen, Bals & Jensen (Eds) The Offshoring Challenge: Strategic Design and Innovation for Tomorrow's Organization
- Dixit, M.R., Sharma, S., Karna, A. 2010. "New Environment Stimuli, Enterprise Challenges and Growth Leaps: Evidence from Multi-sector Case Studies", International Journal of Entrepreneurial Venturing, Vol. 1, No. 3, 264-290
- Taeube, F.A., Sonderreger, P., Karna, A. 2010. "Entrepreneurial Ventures and Knowledge Spillovers: Case of an Indian Software Cluster", Frontiers of Entrepreneurship Research: Vol. 30: No. 15, Article 19
- Dixit, M.R., Karna, A., Sharma, S. 2009. "Entrepreneurial Growth Actions and Monetary Consequences in a Startup: Insights from a Low-cost Airline Venture in a Competitive Environment", Venture Capital: An International Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Vol. 11, No. 4, 361-378
- Dixit, M.R., Sharma, S., Karna, A. 2007. "Role of Breakthroughs in Learning and Capability Building: Evidences from Two High Technology Firms", Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management and Organisational Learning at Cape Town, South Africa between October 15th and 16th, 2007
- Karna A., Singh R. and Verma S. 2009. "Knowledge Management for Effective Sales and Marketing Function" in Meir Russ (ed), Knowledge Management Strategies for Business Development, IGI Global.
- Karna A., Singh V. 2007. "The East India Company in Reverse - Indian MNCs on a Buying Spree" in T.P.Rajmanohar (ed), India Inc. Going Global: The M&A Way, ICFAI University Press.
Presentations at international conferences:
Over 50 presentations made at international conferences organised by Academy of Management, Strategic Management Society, Academy of International Business, European Group of Organisation Studies, European Academy of Management and other organisations of international repute.
- Editorial Board member for Journal of Management, Journal of Asian Business Studies
- Ad-hoc Reviewer for Strategic Management Journal, Research Policy, Global Strategy Journal, European Management Review, Journal of Asia Business Studies
- Consulting for corporations and government agencies
- Corporate training in the fields of strategy, innovation and international management
- Doctoral supervision of candidates in the field of strategy and international management