Iowa State University, Ames, USA
Doctor of Philosophy, 2015
MICA, Ahmedabad, India
Post Graduate Diploma in Management- Communications, 2009
Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India
M Sc. (Hons.), 2007
Intern Applications: Only considering candidates with an MBA or Masters degree.
MBA: Advertising, Research Methods
PhD: Qualitative Methods in Marketing, Designing an Experiment
Broadly: Marketing and Public Policy
Specifically: Parent- Child Marketplace Interactions, Embodied Cognitions, Gender at the Workplace
- Kordrostami, Melika, Akshaya Vijayalakshmi and Russell N. Laczniak (in press), "Children's Media Socialization: Parental Concerns and Mediation in Iran," Journal of Marketing Management. Accepted for publication.
- Vijayalakshmi, Akshaya, Meng-Hsien Lin and Russell N. Laczniak (2018), "Managing Children's Internet Advertising Experiences: Parental Preferences for Regulation," Journal of Consumer Affairs. Available online.
- Ateeque Shaikh, Dheeraj Sharma, Akshaya Vijayalakshmi, Rama Shankar Yadav, (2018) "Fairness in franchisor–franchisee relationship: an integrative perspective", Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 33(4), 550-562.
- Brocato, Deanne, Melissa Bishop, and Akshaya Vijayalakshmi (2017), "The role of medium content and ad format congruity in influencing advertising outcomes," Journal of Marketing Communications, 23(4), 371-384.
- Lin, Meng-Hsien, Jones, William J., and Akshaya Vijayalakshmi (2017) "A Teaching Innovation on Retail Environmental Design for Consumers with Disabilities," Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education, 25 (Spring), 1-7. (all the authors contributed equally)
- Muehling, Darrel, Akshaya Vijayalakshmi and Russell N. Laczniak (2016), "Individual Differences in Negative Information Processing: Tolerance of Negativity," Journal of Marketing Communications, 1-17. Available online.
- Jones, William J., Akshaya Vijayalakshmi, and Jenny Lin (2016) "Instructing Students on the Use of Behavioral Assessment in Sales Hiring," Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education, 24(1), 29-35.
- Vijayalakshmi, Akshaya, Darrel Muehling, and Russell N. Laczniak (2015), "An Investigation of Consumers' Responses to Comparative "Attack" Ads," Journal of Promotion Management, 21(6), 760-775.
- Funding from the National Human Rights Commission to study Sexual Harassment of Low-Wage Workers at the Workplace
- Funding from the Transformative Consumer Research study group to understand the role of media and mother's autonomy on children's educational expenditures
- Several research and travel grants from affiliated institutes (Iowa State University, University of South Dakota and IIMA)