On Gender Issues
On Parents and Advertising targeted at children
- Podcast on parental management of media and advertising.
- Blog post on parental mediation in Iran in the Journal of Marketing Management blog site
- Summary of few of my papers in the IIMA Faculty Newsletter
Along with students
- News article on sensory marketing with Nitisha Tomar
- News article on cause-based marketing with Abhinav Bakshi and Tarun Bansal
- News article on product packaging with Single V. Vinayak and Balige D.K. Rao
- Vlog made by Ameya Mittal, 2019 summer intern
MBA: Psychology of Persuasion, Business Research Methods
PhD: Research Methods (Qualitative and Experimental)
Broadly: Marketing and Public Policy
Specifically: Impact of violence on marketplace interactions, Understanding and Response to Internet Ads
- Lin, Jenny, Akshaya Vijayalakshmi, and Russell N. Laczniak (2019), "Toward an Understanding of Parental Views and Actions on Social Media Influencers Targeted at Adolescents: The Roles of Parents' Social Media Use and Empowerment." Frontiers in Psychology, 10: 2664. (The first and second authors contributed equally).
- Vijayalakshmi, Akshaya, Russell N. Laczniak and Deanne Brocato (2019), "Understanding Parental Mediation of Violent Television Commercials," Journal of Consumer Marketing.
- Melika Kordrostami, Akshaya Vijayalakshmi and Russell N. Laczniak (2018), "Children's Media Consumption: Parental Concerns and Parental Mediation in Iran and the US," Journal of Marketing Management, 34(9-10), 819-840.
- Vijayalakshmi, Akshaya, Meng-Hsien Lin and Russell N. Laczniak (2018), "Managing Children's Internet Advertising Experiences: Parental Preferences for Regulation," Journal of Consumer Affairs, 52(3), 595-622.
- Ateeque Shaikh, Dheeraj Sharma, Akshaya Vijayalakshmi, Rama Shankar Yadav, (2018) "Fairness in franchisor–franchisee relationship: an integrative perspective", Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing, 33(4), 550-562.
- Lin, Meng-Hsien, Jones, William J., and Akshaya Vijayalakshmi (2017) "A Teaching Innovation on Retail Environmental Design for Consumers with Disabilities," Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education, 25 (Spring), 1-7 (all the authors contributed equally).
- Vijayalakshmi, Akshaya, Meng-Hsien (Jenny) Lin, and Melika Kordrostami (2017) ,"11-W: The Impact of Perceived Temperature on Responses to PSA Ads ", in NA - Advances in Consumer Research, eds. Ayelet Gneezy, Vladas Griskevicius, and Patti Williams, Duluth, MN : Association for Consumer Research, 45, 1064-1064.
- Brocato, Deanne, Melissa Bishop, and Akshaya Vijayalakshmi (2017), "The role of medium content and ad format congruity in influencing advertising outcomes," Journal of Marketing Communications, 23(4), 371-384.
- Muehling, Darrel, Akshaya Vijayalakshmi and Russell N. Laczniak (2017), "Individual Differences in Negative Information Processing: Tolerance of Negativity," Journal of Marketing Communications, 24(7), 703-719.
- Jones, William J., Akshaya Vijayalakshmi, and Jenny Lin (2016) "Instructing Students on the Use of Behavioral Assessment in Sales Hiring," Journal for Advancement of Marketing Education, 24(1), 29-35.
- Vijayalakshmi, Akshaya, Darrel Muehling, and Russell N. Laczniak (2015), "An Investigation of Consumers' Responses to Comparative "Attack" Ads," Journal of Promotion Management, 21(6), 760-775.
- Vijayalakshmi, Akshaya, Meng-Hsien (Jenny) Lin, and Melika Kordrostami (2015) ,"On Second Thought, It Is Not So Funny: Gender Differences in Emotional Reactivity and Emotional Regulation in Violent-Humorous Ads", in NA - Advances in Consumer Research, eds. Kristin Diehl and Carolyn Yoon, Duluth, MN: Association for Consumer Research, 43, 811-811.
- Funding from the National Human Rights Commission to study Sexual Harassment of Low-Wage Workers at the Workplace
- Funding from the Transformative Consumer Research study group to understand the role of media and mother's autonomy on children's educational expenditures
- Several research and travel grants from affiliated institutes (Iowa State University, University of South Dakota and IIMA)