IIM Ahmedabad is among the best business schools in India and globally as well. I believe that at the core of IIM Ahmedabad's success are certain underlying principles that ensure its continuing pole position. Let me list a few that are on top of the radar:
- Leveraging the intellectual and emotional bandwidth resident here in the faculty and student community, essential to spawn tomorrow's global leaders today.
- Ensuring an unshakable commitment to foster a diverse and inclusive community of learners, driven by values and energized by the meritocracy that marks our institute.
- Sustaining an open and transparent culture that stokes curiosity at every turn, encourages collaboration and gets the best out of every student.
- Preparing students for the complex world that they will face when they leave the portals of this vaunted institute leveraging our close linkages with industry, the Government and of course the academia. A complex world where they will have to take a position, express opinion, shape it and lead to make it a better place.
- Building a responsive and powerful community of alumni in India and abroad who are global names to reckon with and are engaged meaningfully with the institute.
Today, we see churn and unrest all around the world. Against this troubled backdrop, there is undoubtedly new hope rising in India. In the current slow growth world, India's economy is a beacon of hope. We are embarked on a fresh round of liberalization – one that will take our economy to higher peaks.
IIMA's underlying tenets position it supremely well to help ride this wave.
Kumar Mangalam Birla