Prof. Sachin Jayaswal
Production and Quantitative Methods
- Ph.D. , Management Sciences, University of Waterloo, Canada, 2009
- M.Tech. , Industrial Engineering & Operations Research, IIT Bombay, India, 2003
- B.Sc. - Engineering, Electrical, Bhagalpur College of Engineering, India, 2001 (Gold Medal)
- Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, July 2015 - present
- Assistant Professor, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, June 2009 - June 2015
- Lecturer, Department of Management Sciences, University of Waterloo, Canada, Jan-Apr 2007, Jan-April 2008, Sept-Dec 2008
- Production & Operations Management Society (POMS), May 2009 - April 2010
- Institute of Operations Research & Management Sciences (INFORMS), Nov 2007 - April 2009
- Canadian Operational Research Society (CORS), May 2006 - present
- Assistant Systems Engineer, Tata Consultancy Services, Mar 2003 - Aug 2004
Area of Research:
Supply Chain Management
Operations - Marketing Interface: pricing, leadtime and capacity decisions
Product Differentiation/Price Discrimination
Facility Location Problems with Stochastic Demand and Congestion
Large Scale Optimization (Decomposition Techniques)
Game Theoretic Models in Operations/Marketing
Operations-Marketing Interface: Pricing, Leadtime, Capacity Decisions
SELECTED ARTICLES IN JOURNALS
- N. Vidyarthi, S. Jayaswal and V.B. Tirumala Chetty. 2016. Bandwidth packing problem with queuing delays: modeling and exact solution approach. Journal of Global Optimization (Accepted).
- S. Jayaswal and E. M. Jewkes. 2016. Price and leadtime differentiation, capacity strategy and market competition. International Journal of Production Research (Accepted).
- S. Jayaswal, N. Vidyarthi and S. Das. 2016. A cutting plane approach to combinatorial bandwidth packing problem with queuing delays. Optimization Letters (Accepted).
- A. K. Vatsa, S. Jayaswal. 2015. A new formulation and Benders decomposition for the multi-period maximal covering facility location problem with server uncertainty. European Journal of Operational Research (In press).
- N. Vidyarthi, S. Jayaswal. 2014. Efficient solution of a class of location-allocation problems with stochastic demand and congestion. Computers & Operations Research, 48, 20–30.
- S. Jayaswal and P. Agarwal. 2014. Balancing u-shaped assembly lines with resource dependent task times: A simulated annealing approach. Journal of Manufacturing Systems, 33, 522–534.
- S. Jayaswal, E.M. Jewkes and S. Ray. 2011. Product differentiation & operations strategy in a capacitated environment. European Journal of Operational Research, 210 (3), 716–728.
- S. Jayaswal and G.K. Adil. 2004. Efficient algorithm for cell formation with sequence data, machine replications and alternative process routings. International Journal of Production Research, 42 (12) 2419–2433
For details, please visit my personal webpage at: faculty.iima.ac.in/~sachin
Efficient Algorithm for Cell Formation with Sequence Data, Machine Replications and Alternative Process Routings
Ecient Solution of a Class of Location-Allocation Problems with Stochastic Demand and Congestion
Jayaswal Jewkes and Ray-EJOR 2011-Product Differentiation and Operations Strategy in a Capacitated Environment
Balancing U-Shaped Assembly Lines with Resource Dependent Task Times
A new formulation and Benders decomposition for the multi-period maximal covering facility location problem with server uncertainty
Awards & Honors
| Year || Awards & Honors |
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad Award for High Quality Research
| 2011|| Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad Award for High Quality Research|
| 2009|| Best Student Paper Award, Canadian Operational Research Society|
| 2008|| |
Fraser Award for Outstanding Graduate Student Research, University of Waterloo
Honorable mention, Student Paper Competition, Canadian Operational Research Society
| 2007|| VP Academic & Provost Award, University of Waterloo|
| Sept 2004 -Aug 2007|| International Doctoral Student Award, University of Waterloo|
| 2006|| Best Teaching Assistant Award, Department of Management Sciences, University of Waterloo|
| 2005|| University of Waterloo Graduate Merit Scholarship|
| 2001-2002|| Indian Institutes of Technology Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) Scholarship|
| 2001|| University Gold Medal, Bachelor of Science (Engineering)|