Publications / Articles / Cases
- Postcolonial Indian Writing in English: Between Co-option and Resistance. Jaipur: Rawat, 2003.
Articles/Book chapters/Teaching cases
- "Language and the Negotiation of Identity and Sense of Belonging: A Study of Literary Representations of Indians in England", Language and Intercultural Communication, 11:4 (2011), 351-363.
- "The Empire of English and Its Legacy: A Citizenship of the Mind," Britishness, Identity and Citizenship: The View from Abroad. Eds. C. McGlynn, A. Mycock, and J. W. McAuley. Oxford: Peter Lang (2011).
- "Women of Steel: Tata Steel's Tejaswini Programme." Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (2011).
- "Bank of Baroda's Branding Exercise" (A), Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (2010).
- "Bank of Baroda's Branding Exercise" (B), Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (2010).
- "Optimising Communication Channels for Inclusive Rural Development in India". Journal of Development Communication 21.1 (2010).
- "Indian Writing on Food: A Skewed Representation of Contemporary Social Reality." Kunapipi 28.2 (2006).
- "Polluted River or Goddess and Saviour? The Ganga in the Discourses of Modernity and Hinduism." Five Emus to the King of Siam: Environment and Empire. Ed. Helen Tiffin. Amsterdam/New York, NY: 2007.
- "Institutionalization of English in India – A Historical Background." South Asian Review 27.2 (2007): 175-189.
- "The Role of Communication in Building an Organizational Culture: The Case of Micromatic Grinding." Managerial Communication: Trends and Strategies ed. Asha Kaul and Sanjay Gupta. New Delhi: Tata McGraw Hill, 2006. 609-617.
- "Pollution of Ganga: Unsurmountable Problem or Flawed Project Management?" Green Business. New Delhi: Allied, 2006. 395-410.
- "Post-Colonial Responses to England: Nirad Chaudhuri's A Passage to England and Ved Mehta's Delinquent Chacha." Economic and Political Weekly 40.11 (2005):1063-68.
- "Constructions of Englishness from the ‘Outside': Indian Accounts of Travel to England, 1880-1920." South Asian Review 25.1 (2004): 213-235.
- "Mimicry, Imitation, Impersonation." Review of Indian Traffic: Identities in Question in Colonial and Postcolonial India by Parama Roy. Australasian Journal of Victorian Studies 5(1999): 196-198.
- "Through Indian Eyes: Representations of England in Three Nineteenth-Century Indian Texts," Critical Practice 6.1 (1999): 92-103.
- "Narrating India: Strategies of Narrativisation and Historiography in Shashi Tharoor's The Great Indian Novel and Vikam Seth's A Suitable Boy." Writing in a Postcolonial Space. Ed SP Pandey. New Delhi: Atlantic, 1999. 125-40
- "England, English Literature and the English Through Indian Eyes," Journal of Indian Writing in English 24.2 (1996): 1-14.
- "Riches Galore in a Land of Poverty: Nayantara Sehgal's Rich Like Us." Literary Criterion 30.3 (1995): 1-15